Under the Constitution, if the government takes private property for a public purpose, the owner is entitled to JUST COMPENSATION.  The landowner receives just compensation in the form of damages.  In order to ensure you receive maximum compensation under North Carolina law, we recommend that you consult with an eminent domain lawyer.  Once you accept the government’s offer, the eminent domain case is over.  It is important to understand that you may be entitled to more money than the government is offering.  We recommend that you consult with a lawyer before accepting any offer.

The lawyers at Carolina Eminent Domain will provide you with an honest evaluation of your case at no charge.  Our job is to make sure you receive all compensation in which your are entitled under the law.  If, after the initial compensation, you decide to hire us, we will represent you on a contingency fee basis – meaning we will only earn a fee if we obtain compensation in excess of the amount offered or deposited by the government.  Please feel free to contact us at 919-459-2192.