FACTORS IN THE OFFER AMOUNT
What you need to know
The government will place a value on the following items:
- The value of any right of way being acquired (property taken for the road project);
- The value of any permanent easements being acquired;
- The value of any temporary easements being acquired (e.g. temporary construction easement);
- The value of any improvements being acquired (e.g. buildings, trees, shrubbery, fences, parking lot, storage tanks); and
- The amount of damages to the remainder of the property.